I recently did a 3 Day Juice Cleanse, and got a lot of questions asked by some of you on Instagram. So, I decided to do a post about this juice cleanse, the recipes of the juices I had and the results.
Firstly, I want to mention that this is not my first time doing a juice cleanse. The first time I did this was almost 3 years ago and my trainer had started me off with just doing this diet for one day in a month. At the time, it was the most difficult thing to do! Watching others eat, while I had juice was really tough and sometimes my willpower wasn’t strong enough (i.e. I would eat McDonalds after 12am…she did say the juice diet was only for one day and after midnight, well it’s another day! =p).
Since then, my will power to do this diet has obviously increased and now I do it with absolute ease. My trainer only puts me on this cleanse when my weight is stuck and refuses to decrease. Therefore, the juice diet is meant to shock the body and manipulate it to start losing weight again.
Please keep in mind that the results of the juice diet do depend on your workout regime and your diet before and after this cleanse. Typically, this juice diet results in a weight loss of 2-2.5 kgs for me, while I do a high intensity workout. (It does wonders for my hair and skin too!)
Here is the way I do this juice cleanse, so that it gives me the most benefit!
- Since my trainer tells me only one day before, it does not give my body enough time to prepare for the sudden removal of food from the diet and that is the whole point. However, to make a little easy for me, I usually eat a light and vegan meal for my lunch and dinner the day before.
- I make a list of the ingredients for the juices and stock them up for the next 3 days.
- I also make sure to get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep the night before the cleanse so I don’t feel tired or groggy from the lack of solid food.
During the Cleanse:
- The first day is the hardest for me. I feel hungry and annoyed, but as the day progresses, I feel a lot better!
- Over the three days, I make sure to drink the juices over the course of an hour so that they keep me full for longer.
- I do go to the gym while on the cleanse. It makes me feel energized. However, if you are new to this cleanse, it might be difficult to do cardio, since you are not used to working out without food.
- I drink the same three juices every day, with a little bit of variation; it’s just more convenient for me. But, if you are someone who absolutely loves juices, you could do different juices every day.
- I also make sure to have at least 1-1.5 liters of water per day to help with the detox process.
- Breakfast –
3 Mint Leaves
( Option: If you can’t do heavy juices in the morning like me, you can just have orange juice by itself. )
- Lunch –
1 Green Apple
1 Orange or Grapefruit
A bunch of Spinach
1 stick of Celery
3-4 Mint Leaves
1 small piece of Ginger
- Dinner –
1 whole Pomegranate
1 Green Apple
1 small piece of Ginger
Fruits to AVOID: Avocado, Mango, Chikoo, Banana and Grapes.
- My trainer always gives me a very healthy food diet to follow after the cleanse. However, while eating your first meal I do feel very heavy, because the body hasn’t eaten in 3 days.
- I feel so pretty after this detox! Since the juices and water help to balance the hormones and keep me hydrated, after the cleanse I see that my hair seems more voluminous and my skin is clearer. YAY!
- I also notice that my sugar cravings vanish during and after the cleanse! This is because the fruit juices have natural sugar in them to sustain my sweet tooth.
- Mentally, I always feel more rejuvenated and motivated to stay healthy for the weeks after. I don’t feel like eating junk food or anything unhealthy, since this juice cleanse also reduces hunger pangs.
NOTE: This juice diet is simply a detox program. It is not a solution for long term or permanent weight loss! This definitely helps to lose some water weight, but if you do not continue working out or start eating a lot after, you might gain all those pounds back post-cleanse.
Hope this answers all of your questions about the juice diet that I recently did!
♥ ♥ ♥