Since Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, I have decided to gift you all by revealing my secret weapon for common skin problems! That product is the Burt’s Bees Res-Q Ointment.
Burt’s Bees is made in the USA and is a 100% natural brand. I tried this brand and came to love many of their products when I was in university in Indiana. Both my mother and I are ardent fans of this brand.
Burt’s Bees Res-Q Ointment is an ointment to soothe burns, wounds, swelling, rashes and bites. It calms irritated skin with Comfrey, Rosemary, Lavender, Eucalyptus and Clove oils. Comfrey, the main ingredient, contains Allantoin, which helps stimulate new cell growth and increase cell production. Therefore, it is great for healing any kind of skin irritation. This product comes in a small tin and I find that it does last for a long period of time. It has an enticing aroma that smells like tea leaves and essential oils.
For me, this product is INSANE!! It is a magic potion in a tiny can and it can heal ANYTHING!! In addition, I have used it for countless other purposes. At the end of it, you may not even believe that a simple balm ointment can do so much, but I promise they are all tried and tested uses.
I originally purchased this ointment for mosquito bites that occur when ever I travel to India. It always seemed to give me instant relief from the itching and wouldn’t make the bite look hideously red. I then used it for cuts or burns, which is what it’s originally meant for. It soothes any kind of irritation within 30 seconds and that is amazing! However, very soon I realized this concoction is the key to making your skin perfect when it isn’t.
I use Res-Q Ointment on:
- Dry/Flaky skin: Instantly moisturizes, soothes and heals to show healthy skin within few days.
- Pimples: This is not an oil-free product and yet, it calms obnoxious pimples overnight!
- Blemishes: It reduces previous acne marks over time, leaving my skin feeling softer and smoother.
- Muscle Soother: I don’t know what this stuff is made of but it gives me relief from my sore muscles after gym.
- Thighs: Calms any skin irritation from inner thigh chafing during the humidity.
- Lips: When I don’t have my lip balm on hand, this helps with dry lips and works great under lipstick/gloss.
- Cuticles: Using this herbal goodness on my nails every night makes my mani/pedicure last longer!
I have purchased several tins to keep in my first aid kit and travel kit and I never go anywhere without it packed into my purse. It is great for any kind of skin emergency.
If there was only one product if I could tell you to buy, it would be this one! I swear by it! The worst rashes, burns or irritations become at least 90% better overnight; if not completely healed. I also love the scent and it does NOT sting or burn upon application.
SMALL WARNING: This stuff is green, slimy and WILL stain clothes (even if you dab off the excess it could still happen). So better to wear dark clothes, or put a bandage over the area to avoid stains.
Overall, I would highly recommend this multi-purpose, all natural ointment to everyone. You can use it in any of the ways I have, or find more great uses for it. Such a small tin and so many uses; totally worth the money!